|We offer a number of incentives:
- Health and Life insurance coverage that extends beyond fire department activities.
- Invaluable camaraderie that exists between a group of dedicated emergency services workers.
- Underlying satisfaction of helping your neighbors when they need you the most.
- The constant process of learning and experiencing new things.
- The challenge of pushing yourself beyond fear and fatigue.
- The benefits of knowing what to do to protect loved ones if your family should encounter an emergency in your home.
- Active members, who own a home in Minetto, are eligible for a 10% reduction in their town & county property taxes.
Our organization is committed to quality customer service. We have instilled in our membership that we are in "The Worst Day Of Their Lives Business." By this we mean that we are called upon to assist people in their hour of need. If we can't mitigate the issue and help them through their emergency scenario, then no one can.
If the thought of helping your neighbors appeals to you, we suggest that you consider joining the Minetto Fire Department.
In order to apply for membership, you must:
Be at least 18 years of age
Possess a valid NYS drivers license
Have no prior criminal history
Be physically able to perform firefighting duties
Live within 7 miles by road of the Minetto Fire Station
Persons interested in applying for membership are required to complete a membership application. To obtain an application, call us at 343-7566 or send us a note at P.O. Box 260, Minetto, NY 13115-0260.
"We're Neighbors Protecting Neighbors Since 1873"
GIVE SOMETHING BACK TO YOUR COMMUNITY ... BECOME A MEMBER OF THE
MINETTO FIRE DEPARTMENT
We provide all the equipment and training that you'll need.
Volunteer Firefighters, Unpaid Professionals!